Feb 1, 2012

Catching Up. . . . . . .

Haven't really been blogging at all lately.. A few post here and there, just trying to figure life out at 42 and where I'm headed! Can't really complain about much. Still have my days that I miss my grandmother. Saw a posting on Facebook the other day and I Re-Posted it.... It said - Wants to go back to the time where Me Ma's (My Grandmother) band-aids and ice cream could fix anything. Missing her A LOT these days! ~ ~ Really wish I could pick up a phone and just talk to her one more time. I've been trying to make it to church more often. My parents became members of a local church in my hometown. On the weekends I'm off I try to make it. Sometimes I just cant roll myself out of bed in time to make it. I do plan on going this weekend.

No SUPERBOWL plans yet... Not really sure if I want to do anything. May just sit at home at watch for the commercials. WooHoo! We will see what happens...

I finally got fit tested so I can get back to being a Volunteer again. Just trying to find the time to spend at the H.V.F.D. Looking forward to running some calls back in the old stomping grounds. It's been awhile since I've actually ridden there. The annual banquet is coming up real soon, That's always a good time. Looking forward to having a night I cant let loose and have a few drinks. Don't have to worry about driving home. We're all getting rooms! ;-)

Work has been going great. With everyone under one roof since Walter Reed closed it isn't that bad. We have a few people that complain but that is in any firehouse. I ran for Union President and lost by only a few votes. Kinda glad I didn't win because the president we have now is doing a remarkable job... I could have never did it. Just had my 23rd Anniversary on the JOB on the 23rd of January. 2 more years and I'm eligible to retire... I'm not going anywhere yet. I'm having way too much fun!

Checking out the Apparatus first thing in the morning and had to grab a Picture...

So the Captain takes the seats out of the utility truck to install some lights and I could resist the opportunity to sit down and play on Facebook.

New Tattoo on my Left Arm...

:-)

So until next post..... Adios and Vaya Con Dios

No comments: