Oct 7, 2011

Its been awhile......

Where do I even start?

Work:
Well it is now official. Walter Reed Hospital is closed. Spent 22 wonderful years as a firefighter there and going to miss that place! All the patents have been moved over to Bethesda Naval which is now carrying the name - Walter Reed National Medical Center - (It will never be Walter Reed)

Forest Glen (The Walter Reed Annex) is still open and falls under Ft. Detrick now. That's where we're all working now. 2 Engine's, Ambulance & The Haz-Mat Unit.. No more Tower... Long Story and I don't even want to get into that!


The Old Hospital - Bldg. 1

Don't know the date of this picture.. Love it Though!!

Ceremony at Walter Reed Lowering the LAST American Flag flown on Post. September 15th 2011

Truck 50 & Tower 54

My Dad & I at Engine 13 - Truck 10 DCFD. Dad did 20+ years there. Went down with him to visit!! :)

Well other things are going ok. Enjoying life and spending time out and about. Looking forward to Fall. Plan on getting tons of Pictures this year. Stay Tuned for more Updates... I think I'm going to start Blogging again.

No comments: